Need a copy editor?
I’ve been in the communications field since the late ’80s when I wrote newsletters on the third floor of a dingy brick building in Boston. Fast-forward several decades and now I’m in Cleveland, where I offer proofreading, copyediting, and substantive editing services for a variety of manuscripts—everything from fiction and creative nonfiction to history, biography, memoir, French, and more.
Here’s what I do
- Correct grammar, punctuation, spelling, and capitalization
- Improve flow and syntax
- Ensure consistency
- Flag questionable word choices
- Cross-check numbered elements
- Standardize notes, bibliographies, and references lists
- Follow The Chicago Manual of Style or your preferred style guide
- Provide a style sheet unique to your project
My rates are competitive and align with those recommended by the Editorial Freelancers Association.
Request a quote today!